Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Jackie Kennedy

Personal Quotes
"I don't think there are any men who are faithful to their wives."
"The first time you marry for love, the second for money, and the third for companionship."
"The one thing I do not want to be called is First Lady. It sounds like a saddle horse."
"I want to live my life, not record it."
"Whenever I was upset by something in the papers, Jack [President John F. Kennedy] always told me to be more tolerant, like a horse flicking away flies in the summer."
"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much."
"What is my proudest accomplishment? I went through some pretty difficult times, and I kept my sanity."
"Our dreams and goals are never completely realized. They are always there before our eyes, but always just slightly out of reach. And so as we strive to fulfill our vision, we must make the most out of every living moment."
"They will never drag me out like an old widow like they did Mrs. Wilson when President Wilson [Woodrow Wilson] died. I will never be used that way."
"There are two kinds of women. Those who want power in the world, and those who want power in bed."

No comments: