Sunday, December 7, 2008

Let's Look at Some God Capricorn


To me Aeneas is the quintessential good Capricorn. Here he is carrying his father out of burning Troy. A good son. Later he founded the city of Rome.
Another Trojan prince, Hector, was a terrific Capricorn. His father, Priam, told him as he set out to die by Achilles' sword, "No man ever had a better son."
Some great Capricorn lines by Hector [Eri Bana] in the mvoie TROY:

"If I die, [do this and that] .... I'm telling you this because I want you to be ready."

"All of my life I have lived by a code and the code is simple: honor the gods, love your woman and defend your country. Troy is mother to us all. Fight for her!"

"It's all a game to you isn't it? You roam from town to town, bedding merchants' wives and temple maids and you think you know something about love. What about your father's love? You spat on him when you brought her [Helen] onto this ship! What about the love for your country? You'd let Troy burn for this woman? I won't let you start a war for her."

"You say you're willing to die for love but you know nothing about dying and you know nothing about love!"

To Menelaus, "The fight is over" ... and later ... "He's my brother!"



Respecting the hierarchy (your elders or those above you on the ladder of success) is being a good Capricorn. We will see these values emerging as Pluto moves through the sign.

No comments: