Sunday, September 20, 2009

Marlon Brando - Saturn in Scorpio

photo from wiki [fair use] Marlon Brando on the set of "Streetcar Named Desire"



















Marlon Brando had Saturn in Scorpio. Eeven in his late interview with Larry King, he was reticent to reveal any personal information.



Here's an excerpt from an essay by Truman Capote, Portraits and Observations:







"Brando has not forgotten Bud. When he speaks of the boy he was, the boy seems to inhabit him. "My mother was everything to me. I used to come home from school ..." He hesitated, as though waiting for me to picture him scuffling along an afternoon street. "There wouldn't be anybody home. Nothing in the icebox." Lantern slides: empty rooms, a kitchen. "Then the telephone would ring. Some bar. 'We've got a lady down here. You better come get her.'" The image leaped forward in time. Bud is 18, and: "I thought if she loved me enough, trusted me enough, we'll live together and I'll take care of her. Once, later on, that really happened. She left my father and came to live with me in New York, when I was in a play. I tried so hard. But my love wasn't enough. She couldn't care enough. She went back. And one day" - his voice grew flatter, yet the emotional pitch ascended - "I didn't care any more. She was there. In a room. Holding on to me. And I let her fall. Because I couldn't take it any more - watch her breaking apart, like a piece of porcelain. I stepped right over her. I walked right out. Since then, I've been indifferent."




Read more here ... http://thisrecording.com/today/2009/7/24/in-which-marlon-brando-met-truman-capote.html

No comments: