Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mastermind the Economy


From a member of our Mastermind the Economy Group.

Hi Nancy,

I thought I ' d share something with you.

As I told you the other day, I lost my job last week. (was working part-time alongside my PhD studies).

Something exceptionally positive is happening at core level with me through losing this job. I ' m starting to see how I ' ve been underrating myself, and going for jobs that really don ' t suit me or allow me to use my talents and natural abilities. Throughout the time I was in that job, people were always asking me what I was doing there, and saying that I seemed ' too good ' for the job. I think I ' ve been purposefully picking work that doesn ' t challenge me out of fear, and it is only through this experience that I am beginning to face this.

Since losing the job, I ' ve been looking for social work/outreach work that will allow me to help others and give something back. With this type of work, my greatest gifts of compassion and empathy will finally have a voice. I ' ve been applying to work with people with disabilities, and have also registered myself as a volunteer.

I just wanted to share this with you, because I feel that, instead of these experiences being negative, they are actually pushing us closer to self realization.

Warmest thoughts,

Amanda

No comments: